|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||June 1, 2008|
|Written by||David Maples|
|Directed by||Mark Piznarski|
Pilot is the first episode of In Plain Sight.
In the first episode, we meet Mary Shannon, a US Marshal for the Witness Protection Program (WITSEC), who tries to figure out what went wrong when a mobster's son is killed under her protection.
- Tasha Turischeva (was Somova)
- Frankie, Felicia, & Frankie Jr. Amato (was Santoro)
Things of NoteEdit
- Takes place on Mary's 37th birthday (Feb. 9, 2008).
- Brandi Shannon arrives from Northvale, NJ.
- Mary McCormack as Mary Shannon
- Frederick Weller as Marshall Mann
- Paul Ben-Victor as Stan McQueen
- Nichole Hiltz as Brandi Shannon
- Lesley Ann Warren as Jinx Shannon
- Jorgo Constantine as Richie Mastro
- Justin Ocksrider as Frankie Santoro Jr.
- David Dittmer as Kyle Talltrees
- Tammin Sursok as Nicole
- David Maples as Airport Traffic Cop
- James Price Jr. as Petey
- Jonathan Joss as Joseph Parker
- Josh Berry as Tasha's marshall
- Robert Defrank as Father Mendoza
- Loren Haynes as Morgue Official
- Jenny Gabrielle as CSI
- Angela Sarafyan as Tasha Turischeva
- Gregory Cruz as Edwin Talltrees
- Al Sapienza as Frankie Santoro Sr.
- Katherine Narducci as Felicia Santoro
Mary's Voice OverEdit
- We all live in hiding. In one way or another, each of us conceals pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it, others because they don't like being seen. And then there are the special cases, the ones who hide because... because... because they just want someone to care enough to look for them.
- My name is Mary. Today's my birthday. And if I ever run into the son-of-a-bitch that promised me a life of excitement and unlimited opportunity as a US Marshal, I'll shoot off both his kneecaps.
- We all live in hiding. In one way or another, each of us conceals pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it, others because they don't like being seen. And then there are the special cases, the ones who hide because, because they just want someone to care enough to look for them.
- The Federal Witness Protection Program is the most secretive organization in all of law enforcement. We do not talk about what we do. Not to friends, not to family, not even to other U.S. Marshals, which is why my mother, my sister, and even my boyfriend, who by the way isn't really my boyfriend, all think I'm a glorified messenger with a gun and why Marshall and I work on the roof of the Sunshine Building, while the rest of the U.S. Marshals reside in the Pete Domenici Federal Courthouse, with their mahogany desks, crystal chandeliers and butlers.
- Series creator, David Maples, has a cameo in the episode as an airport traffic cop.
- "Happy Together" by The Turtles
- "Mary, Mary" by The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- "Something So Right" by Paul Simon